With your ceremony having finished, photos have been captured, and your guests have enjoyed your cocktail hour, you can jump into your reception and have a blast! Filled with great food, heartfelt toasts, dancing, wonderful music, and memories you will cherish forever, you will certainly want to set a festive atmosphere.
Your reception is your chance to have an incredible time with those you love and dance the night away. You can bring the festive spirit to your wedding reception with the right music.
Here at Pollyanna Richter Weddings, we understand that every aspect of your wedding is important, including the music. That’s why we have put together a guide for your wedding reception music, to spice it up! If you are interested in learning more, be sure to continue reading:
· Get the party started. Your wedding reception will start off in a festive way if you provide your bridesmaids and groomsmen with their own, celebratory entrance! You can honor them with a great song to dance into your reception to. An upbeat song will get the party started, such as Raise Your Glass by Pink.
· Romance with a dance. Being gushing newlyweds, you certainly deserve a first dance to celebrate your nuptials. The first dance typically occurs once you make your grand entrance within your wedding reception. Choose a song that reflects your relationship together, and plan for your dance to last about two to three minutes. For a dash of romance, consider the classic At Last by Etta James.
· To smash, or not to smash? Finally, you are able to get your hands on those sugary tiers of deliciousness that have been taunting you since your first cake tasting. Your delectable wedding cake has its own ceremony, the cake cutting ceremony. This moment also requires the best song to add some pizazz to such a festive event. If you are daring, and choosing to smash, Hit Me with Your Best Shot by Pat Benetar is the perfect choice!
· Time to dance. You can kick off your celebration in high spirits and bring everyone to the dance floor with the right music. Choosing to play a variety of genres, to please the ears of all of your guests, is crucial. After all, everyone has their own taste in music.
· Enjoy the meal. By this point, you are probably starving from your light bridal meal mixed with the anticipation of the day. It is time to relax and enjoy your scrumptious meal! Even your wedding meal could use the right ambiance, and you can set that with the perfect music. Melodies that are subtle and gentle are perfect for dinner, as it gives your guests a chance to mingle.
· Parental dances. The dances that you take part in with your parents are incredibly heartfelt. Choosing a sweet song that complements the relationship you have with your parent, will set the right tone. Consider A Song For Mama by Boyz 2 Men for the mother/son dance or Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle for the father/daughter dance.
· Single people, get ready! With the bouquet and garter tosses being for the single guests at your wedding, choosing a song that complements their relationship status or demeanor, such as Single Ladies by Beyoncé or Let’s Get It on by Marvin Gaye, will certainly add some fun to these festive events.
· Say goodbye. Your wedding day fun is nearing the end and your guests are getting ready to leave. You can end the night with one last dance. A fun dance that also informs your guests that it’s time to wrap up the festivities is perfect for this moment, such as Last Dance by Donna Summer.
Your wedding music will contribute a lot to your big day, so choosing the best music is vital. Here at Pollyanna Richter Weddings, we would be honored to assist you in planning your big day! Please feel free to contact us today to get started.